Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nov 11: Kugelhopf


Kugelhopf's a new one for me. I don't think I've ever heard of kugelhopf before. It felt like the most involved recipe so far. Not that it was especially difficult, I'm just not used to allowing for the rising times. It was a very rich dough. Very moist, but it felt like it was missing something flavor wise. I used a silicone bundt pan. I'd only used it once before (unsuccessfully) so I was a little nervous. The dough rose to the top of the pan, and though it's not as pretty as that from a kugelhopf pan, it browned nicely, and I think it turned out ok. I think I'd like to try it with out the butter and sugar after the baking.

Thanks to Yolanda of The All-Purpose Girl for this week's selection!

2 comments:

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your cake / bread looks fantastic!

AmyRuth said...

Beautiful photos and Kugelhopf. I agree you have to plan ahead but I look at it that its a great multi-tasking recipe. Hope you liked it toasted with jam. My fav.
AmyRuth