Sunday, November 2, 2008

Nov 4: Rugelach



This is one of the recipes I probably would not have tried on my own. I've had rugelach before, but kind of like Dorie's experience, this was not the rugelach I'd had before. It was rich and tender. For all, I used apricot jam and I used raw sugar after the egg wash (you can see I didn't do the egg wash very evenly - oops!). I tried one half of the batch with 1/4 cup walnuts, and the second half with 1/4 cup pecans. The pecans were really good warm. I don't know that I'll be making these much, but they've definitely changed my opinion of rugelach!

2 comments:

Audrey said...

Welcome to TWD...I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. Your rugelach (and your cupcakes, and your genoise!) look wonderful.

Joy said...

Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for visiting! I've been excited to get started and see everyone's baking!