Sunday, March 8, 2009

Multigrain Crackers


After stepping on the scale two weeks ago, I decided I should maybe alternate weeks with TWD for a while :). It's hard to not bake anything, though, so I thought I'd try some crackers. Still not the healthiest things in the world, but I felt a little better about them.

These were based on a recipe from Andrea on an eGullet thread. I made a few changes based on what I had (no buckwheat flour, onion seed or cumin seed). Even with my sub and omissions, these are really good and easy to pull together. It was a fun project with the kids. We'll be making these again!

Multigrain Crackers
1c all purpose flour
1/3 c rye flour
1/3 c oat flour
2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda

6TB cold butter
1/2c buttermilk

Mix dry ingredients, cut in butter and add buttermilk. Chill. Roll, cut and transfer to baking sheet. Bake at 324 til golden.

No comments: