Tuesday, June 1, 2010

TWD White Chocolate Brownies















After reading the comments, I skipped the meringue and just made a batch in an 8x8 pan. I also made a couple of substitutions - blackberries and lemon zest for the raspberries and orange and one less tb butter.

These were interesting, they stayed very soft and almost a little custardy and a little greasy. I think the lemon-blackberry needs a lighter cake. The brownie base is a fun idea, though, I'm looking forward to seeing what others did with it!

Thanks to Marthe of Culinary Delights for this week's pick!

9 comments:

chocolatechic said...

I like the idea of blueberry and lemon.

I changed mine up too.

Nickki said...

Lemon blueberry sound lovely!

Heather said...

I agree with the other comments blueberry and lemon does sound great! It's interesting to see that some people left off the meringue. Might try it again without.

Cindy said...

Fun combo! These were fun treats.

Anonymous said...

I agree - the base was a little heavy, but your combination sounds wonderful!

Sihan said...

wow.. yours cracked up amazingly on the top. Beautiful.

Isabelle said...

Sounds delicious! I love your blackberries and lemon duo!
I made my brownies without the meringue too.

Matthew said...

You are killing me, I just had cardiac surgery and started a blog to help change my diet...while searching I find all the good things I like and can’t have. While you all enjoy please think of me so I can taste vicariously through you.

Leslie said...

Mmm...lemon...blackberries...but you're right, it did have a bit of a funny texture. It was fun, but probably not a repeater.