Tuesday, September 13, 2011

TWD Classic Brownies















This is not the most amazing brownie picture ever (they were still warm from my last minute baking), but these are some very rich, chocolaty brownies.

I tried half with the walnuts and half without:














I don't usually like nuts in brownies, but then the espresso powder with the walnuts sounded pretty good, so I figured I'd try both :)

The brownies are very rich and dense, but thin. I think these are the only brownies that I like better with the nuts. The ones without seemed like they could do without a TB or two of the butter, but the ones with the walnuts were great!

Thanks to Anne of Anne Strawberry for this week's pick!

5 comments:

Pamela said...

I really liked the brownies in this one. Good stuff!

Cindy said...

I toasted my pecans, toasted nuts add such a great flavor. This was a perfect recipe.

Jules Someone said...

No nuts in mine, but I did add chocolate chips. Yours are lovely!

Di said...

Glad to hear that you enjoyed these. =)

I'm getting ready to send out an email with my next seasonal blog event. I know you mentioned that you were interested in joining in, but I don't have your email & can't find it on your blog. If you're still up for it, would you send me an email so I'll have your info? Thanks.

diskitchennotebook at gmail dot com

Anne said...

I'm on the fence about nuts in brownies but think you usually can't go wrong with chocolate butter and whatever. Glad you liked these!