Tuesday, September 20, 2011

TWD Cocoa Salt and Pepper Shortbread






















These reminded me of Maida Heatter's Black Pepper Brownies. The pepper was a little stronger in these cookies, and I think I liked the drier texture with the pepper than with the fudginess of the brownie. Since I wasn't sure going in, I made half with the pepper and half without. The ones with the pepper, I could hardly taste the salt. But the ones without the pepper, the salt really stood out, like the World Peace cookies someone had mentioned in the comments. It's not my favorite cookie of Dorie's, but tasting both, I realized I kind of do like the black pepper.

Thanks to Tia of Buttercream Barbie for this week's pick!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I liked these more than expected. I think I would add more pepper mext time, since that adds such an interesting flavor.

Hindy said...

Your cookies look gorgeously thick and delicious. I really liked the hint pepper.

Tia said...

they look deep, dark and delicious. nice job!

TeaLady said...

Anxious to try these!! Look delicious.

Flourchild said...

They look great! Im glad you enjoyed them!