Friday, February 3, 2012

Martha Stewart's One-Bowl Chocolate Cake

So I've been on a bit of a chocolate cake binge lately.  We've stayed with our favorites (the double chocolate layer from epicurious and Toba Garrett's chocolate fudge) for the last couple years, so I thought it'd be fun to look around again.  And this last cake in the chocolate cake streak was prompted by a late-night craving, so I tried Martha Stewart's one-bowl chocolate cake.  I was amazed at the little oil in the recipe, and in the end, I was disappointed.  The cake rose like crazy and domed, so maybe I overbeat.  It was a tough cake and not very chocolaty. The frosting was good, but seemed to be a mismatch with the cake.  I might like the cake better with maybe whipped cream instead of a dense ganache type frosting.  The frosting I would try again on a denser cake.  So here's the last little piece. 

It was fun to play around a little, and we got a couple new favorites with the Chocolate Cloud Roll and the Chocolate Orange Cake.

3 comments:

karthik said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie said...

I hate chocolate disappointment! At least the frosting was good so you could enjoy the cake.

Unknown said...

Well you know Martha's recipes are really good. I think most moms will agree with me about that.

Regards,
Haley McAdams
Food Safety ISOcampus