Sunday, August 2, 2009

Cherry Clafouti

After making my grandma's raspberry custard pie, I was reading Dorie's Paris Sweets and realized that the custard pie was basically the same thing as a tart (and a little richer). I made the cherry clafouti from the book, but had to use a pie pan (no tart pan yet!). I used the cream version, and I did leave the pits in to try to be a little more authentic :)

Sadly, this just did not work for me. Besides the fact that I left it too long, and it got so dark. Maybe it was my cherries - I didn't like the texture much and they didn't seem that flavorful (though they seemed great fresh). And you can see from the pic (isn't it horrific!) I had problems with the custard - the white spots and bubbles. Maybe I'll try this one again with one of the different fruit variations - maybe a raspberry one. But til then I'm sticking with grandma's :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Dang girl - you're killing me here! I am dying to make the raspberry custard tart - and then you throw this at me?