Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Feb 17 Devils Food White Out Cake


I really like dark chocolate cakes. Even knowing of all the added chocolate, I was surprised how dense my cake was, almost brownie-like. The layers didn't need to be leveled at all, so it was easy to throw together.

I used a different frosting (I wasn't confident the eggs would be thoroughly cooked) and didn't torte it, so my end cake looks quite different. I used the Rosenberg buttercream (whipped cream, butter, powdered sugar), I think using a lighter frosting would be really nice next time.

Thanks to Stephanie of Confessions of a City Eater who chose the recipe!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

it might look different, but it still looks delicious!!

Megan said...

Brownie-like is a good description of the cake. I thought only mine was like that because it was so thin. But it sure tasted good!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Next time I make this, I will definitely do a buttercream! It looks delicious!