Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Feb 3 World Peace Cookies


I've made these a few times after reading the raves on egullet. I'd not had any for a few weeks, and I was amazed again at how good these cookies are. I tried to show some restraint, and froze half the batch of dough for later since I made some cupcakes the same day.

I wasn't quite sure what they were supposed to look like. I had some that looked like regular choc-choc chip cookies, and others that had a ridge. I was thinking the difference was in the chilling times, but an egullet discussion shared that it was more the thickness of the cookie that made the difference. They'd also posted a link to Pierre Hermé's. This batch looked much closer to the pic than others I've tried, though i have to say I don't mind practicing these!

Thanks to Jessica of cookbookhabit for selecting this recipe! Next week is Floating Islands selected by Shari of Whisk: a food blog.

6 comments:

Jules Someone said...

Glad they turned out so well! They look lovely.

Jessica said...

I think that the cookies look fantastic and honestly, they taste so good, who cares what they look like?

Megan said...

I guess you really liked them! Me? Not so much. Maybe if I left out the salt.....

Unknown said...

They look great! I'll have to check out that egullet thread. I could read about these cookies all day (and I pretty much have been).

Leslie said...

I think they look great! And when a cookie tastes this good, who really cares how it looks?

TeaLady said...

Practice does make perfect. I practiced some more and have two more logs in the freezer - with mexican chocolate. YOurs look great.