Monday, February 9, 2009

Marshmallows, Brownies & Cheesecake























This weekend I tried a few more gluten-free treats - lemon marshmallows, Gluten-free Girl's brownies, and Three Cities of Spain cheesecake (which turned out to not be gluten-free, since sour cream isn't - oops.).

The lemon marshmallows were Emeril's recipe again, this time with lemon, and they were fantastic! I beat them with the whisk attachment for 9 min, I could probably do 7 or 8 next time, but these are so good, and a good consistency. They almost taste like lemon sherbet.

The brownies were very rich, and I didn't notice the graininess from the brown rice flour. I used Gluten-free Girl's adaption of Alice Medrich's New Classic Brownies, except I used 4 oz unsweetened chocolate and 1 1/4 c sugar (like Medrich's recipe) instead of the bittersweet and 1 c. I missed getting a pic, but they were very thin and fudgy, similar to the Katharine Hepburn brownies I've had. I'd definitely make these again!

The cheesecake was a bust. Maybe without the sour cream topping, I'd like it better, I'm not too keen about the topping. It got lots of great reviews, though, and I'm not confident about cheesecakes yet. Still, I'll probably try a different recipe before doing this one again.

1 comment:

Megan said...

oooh, lemon marshmallows! Sounds wonderful.