Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Espresso Cheesecake Brownies


I was expecting a stronger brownie feel to this recipe, but it seemed very even - cheesecake vs brownie. Clearly I didn't add the sr cream topping, I'd read on another blog about adding a ganache topping - that sounded really good. But we got into to these before I got the ganache made :)

These were good, though I think I overbaked a bit. My favorite for this style of brownie is still Maida Heatter's Santa Fe Brownies, more brownie to cheesecake.

Thanks to Melissa of Life in a Peanut Shell who chose this week's recipe!

5 comments:

Megan said...

See - those Maida Heatter brownies were ah-may-zing!!!

I don't know why I didn't like these, but oh well.

chocolatechic said...

Your brownies look perfect.

Mine didn't raise that high.

Jules Someone said...

Those look yummy! Nice job on the swirl.

Isabelle said...

Gorgeous brownies - I really love your swirls! Great job!

TeaLady said...

I wish my brownie layer had been thicker. Those look great.