Tuesday, April 13, 2010

TWD Swedish Visiting Cake
















I was so excited about this cake! The book's photo is beautiful, I love the sliced almonds, and the name sounds like a recipe I'd get from my grandma. I was little anxious thinking a 1/2 tsp was a lot of almond extract, but it was perfect. I was also a little worried that after I'd poured the batter in, I realized the recipe actually called for a 9in pan, not a 12 in. Who knows where I got the 12 in from, but it amazingly seemed to still work, still making a cake (instead of a pancake). And I love the look of a cake (or anything really) in a cast iron pan :)















I loved this cake, the kids loved this cake, and it was so easy. We'll definitely be making this one again. Thanks, Nancy of The Dogs Eat the Crumbs for the great pick!

9 comments:

stacey said...

I definitely should have just used my 12" pan. The pie pan didn't go so well for me, so I'm glad yours turned out in the bigger skillet. Looks great! :)

Flourchild said...

Yipeee for Swedish cake..I loved it. The only thing I have had Swedish is the candy Swedish fish! Your cake looks so good!

The Mortensens said...

Your cake looks great! I would like to try it in a cast iron pan sometime.

CB said...

Glad to read that the 12" skillet worked just as well. Great job!
-CB
http://iheartfood4thought.com

Susan said...

I used a 10" skillet and it turned out great. Yours looks perfect!

Tia said...

nice crust!`

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I never would have thought that recipe would work in a 12" but your cake is stunning! Love this simple recipe; the flavorings were just right. Thanks for baking along with me this week.

TeaLady said...

YES!! This was a GREAT cake. And baked in a cast iron skillet. Perfect.

Yours looks wonderful.

Pamela said...

I REALLY need a cast iron pan. Your cake looks awesome.