Tuesday, February 1, 2011

TWD Great Grains Muffins















These muffins were rich, very buttery, but not too sweet. Instead of dried fruit, I used the cranberries that I'd used for my try at Martha Stewart's cranberry vodka minus the orange. I was a little worried that my cooled butter solidified in little bits after adding the buttermilk, refrigerated maple syrup and eggs, but it all evened out when added to the dry ingredients.

I liked the grains, and they had a nice and crispy crust. Next time I think I'd leave out the cornmeal (like the Lenox biscotti) since it seemed to make them a little gritty. The kids liked them quite a bit, and they'd be nice as part of a brunch.

Thanks to Christine of Happy Tummy for this week's pick!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This seems to a recipe everyone loved

Pamela said...

My kids wouldn't eat these, so the fact that yours did makes me jealous. They look great.

Flourchild said...

Wow I agree they would be good for a brunch..they look great! My kids liked them too!

Tia said...

i like how brown they got. = nice job Tia @ Buttercreambarbie

Leslie said...

Ah yes, the Lenox biscotti...those were my first TWD disappointment. Your muffins look fantastic, and a good way to use all the cornmeal I prefer not to have in biscotti! I added chocolate chips to mine and they were great.