Monday, December 15, 2008

Chocolate-Espresso balls and Peppermint Biscotti


After finishing my gluten-free attempts, I needed to make 6 dozen cookies for my preschooler's school's cookie walk. I wanted some high-yield recipes! I also wanted something a little unusual, no spritz or gingerbread (besides that I hate rolling out dough). I ended up trying the Chocolate-Espresso balls from the Whimsical Bakehouse's Christmas cookie book. They're pretty much like mocha mexican wedding cakes. They turned out pretty good. The coffee flavor seems to come through more once they're cool. They're also the perfect bite-sized cookie, so no mess!

Then I tried these peppermint biscotti from allrecipes. I'd only gotten one box of candy canes, which I ended up needing for the dough, so instead of dipping in chocolate and rolling in crushed peppermint candy, I used red chocolate candy wafers. That's also why I decided on the white chocolate, red on brown didn't sound too great. These were really nice. I didn't try any with the chocolate or with coffee, but I liked them just plain!

No comments: