Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Dec 23 Grandma's All-Occasion Sugar Cookies


These were really for Dec. 9, but I was using them as my sign-up item for my kid's preschool Christmas party so I just made them last week. The dough was very sticky for me. I tried rolling between wax paper and plastic wrap, the plastic seemed to work best for me. I'd only chilled it the minimum because of our schedule here, I'm thinking chilling it longer would resolve some of those problems. The cookies were not like any other sugar cookies I've tried. They were very buttery and chewy, almost like a chewy chocolate chip cookie. They seem pretty sturdy (we'll see how well they survive the four year olds' decorating!). I have to say I still like my mom's sugar cookies best :)

Check out the other Tuesdays with Dorie bakers for Butterscotch Pudding - next week: Tall and Creamy Cheesecake!

2 comments:

Jules Someone said...

Lots of chilling is the trick for many of Dorie's recipes. Glad you enjoyed it!

Jacque said...

I'll bet the kids liked them! I'll bet they were cute decorating their cookies.