Saturday, October 31, 2009

Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes


After having some surprisingingly good tacos and some enchiladas that used up most of our zucchini, I needed to hide some of it. I started with an epicurious search and ended up adapting this recipe. They turned out pretty well! I didn't notice the zucchini much, they were nice and moist, and not too sweet. I used chopped chocolate since it's what I had on had, but next time, I'll try chocolate chips or maybe mini chips for the cupcakes.

Chocolate Zucchini Cupcakes
2 1/4 c ap flour
1/2 c cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/4 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c butter
1/2 c oil
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 c buttermilk
2 c grated zucchini
6 oz chopped bittersweet chocolate

Sift together dry ingredients. Cream together butter and sugars, add oil. Add eggs and vanilla. Add buttermilk and zucchini. Add half of chopped chocolate. Divide in muffin cups, sprinkle with remaining chocolate. Bake at 350 for about 30 min.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ah - a perfect way to disguise zucchini. Not that I would know anything about that......