Thursday, February 11, 2010

Pumpkin Brioche























This is the third bread I've tried from Jeff and Zoe's Healthy Bread, and it's the first sweet bread. I've used their brioche recipe from Artisan Bread in 5 many times, mostly for cinnamon rolls, but I'm still looking to do their lemon curd/blueberry ring. Anyway, this pumpkin brioche was fantastic! It was moist and rich, but not overpoweringly pumpkin or spicey. And as much as I liked it plain, I loved it as french toast. That was just from the first loaf.
















The second I made into their cresents (just rolling the dough, sprinkling with 1/2 brown sugar, 2 t cinnamon and 2T butter). These were fantastic. Everyone loved them, and we'll definitely be making these again!

2 comments:

Aaron Thomae said...

http://www.bestvacationdestinations.blogspot.com/

Read this an let me know what you think!!!

Megan said...

I love that second shot - those crescents look so good!