Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Rick Katz's Brownies for Julia




Thanks to Tanya of Chocolatechic for this week's TWD pick! I loved these brownies! Maybe I overbaked or maybe I just really like gooey brownies (which I do, cakey brownies are not my thing), but these turned out great! I used unsweetened and 70% and they were a little sweet, but I loved that they were so tall and dense. They reminded me a lot of the Katherine Hepburn brownies, only three times taller. They weren't too photogenic, but that didn't bother me too much :)

4 comments:

Megan said...

I don't care for cakey brownies either, so perhaps that's why I liked these so much!

Anonymous said...

I am a cakey brownie fan but I think these may have made me a convert....

Susan said...

I like brownies in any form, cakey, fudgey, raw! :) Yours look great!

Flourchild said...

They taste good and that's what matters. Im glad you enjoyed this recipe. I really like it and was pleased with the outcome!