Tuesday, March 30, 2010

TWD Coconut Tea Cake
















I made the base of this cake without the shredded coconut. I've never really liked the texture of coconut in baked goods or candy bars. I really liked the coconut milk, though, and made a powdered sugar-coconut milk glaze. Since some of the top stayed in the silicone pan, I glazed the bottom. Which I think I like better, that crispy part with the glaze, mmmm. I love the idea of some lime, too, for next time.

I added a little basic blueberry sauce (thaw 1 1/2 cups wild blueberries, reduce juice til thick, add a TB of lemon juice and sugar to taste - I added about 1 TB). This was a great cake, and a great base for "playing around". I'm looking forward to making it again!

Thanks to Carmen of Carmen Cooks who picked this week's TWD recipe!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was a great cake wasn't it! I was really surprised at how much I liked it. Nice photo.

Susan said...

Ooo, the texture of the crust in your picture looks divine! And, the blackberries on it look delicious too. Great picture.

Flourchild said...

I love the blueberry topping you made..what a great idea! Your cake looks so good. Im glad you liked it!

Anonymous said...

Mm, that slice looks so good. I wish I could grab it from my screen and take a bite (or two). Thanks for baking with me this week!

steph- whisk/spoon said...

oh, that looks good!

Nichicakes said...

Yum it looks great with the blueberries

Becky @ Project Domestication said...

great idea to pair with blueberry sauce. glad you liked it.

i am making mine today for Easter and posting Tuesday.

YUM!