Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lemon Curd Ice Cream
















We're getting some warm for us weather here in Wisconsin (it's supposed to be 70 tomorrow!), so I'm breaking out the ice cream maker :)

Earlier I'd made RLB's lemon curd, using the adding the butter at the end idea. I had a cup leftover, which ended up being perfect for a half batch of Sherry Yard's lemon curd ice cream. I got the proportions from a discussion board, originally it's from The Secrets of Baking. I left out the lemon juice as I didn't have any lemons on hand.

I really liked this - it was easy, already having the curd made, I didn't have to make a custard. It was smooth, almost like a custard instead of ice cream. I'll be keeping this one in mind for the summer!

Lemon Curd Ice Cream
1 cup lemon curd
1 1/2 c whole milk
1 c whipping cream
pinch of salt
Whisk together, chill, then churn.

No comments: